StudentUniverse raise their Youth Marketing Game
For 2016 StudentUniverse and BAM worked together to create their biggest Freshers campaign to date. There was already a long standing relationship however this year it was taken to a whole new level.
There were two key objectives:
•Increase the presence of the StudentUniverse brand across the UK
•Increase collection of key student data
BAM set to work on how they could help them achieve their goals which included:
• Carefully selecting through research and experience 32 fairs that would be best suited and most effective
• Recruiting a team of professional and experienced promotional staff to run each event
• Designing and creating an interactive data collection app to engage students
• Designing and creating a visually striking and enticing stand to attract students amongst the noise of the fairs
• Utilising BAM’s Student Union Media Partnerships media channels to increase impact of the campaign
The concept? Students had to simply complete a short data form and select a continent that they would most like to visit around the world. Once selected students spun the globe for a chance to win discount prizes of up to £200, and an amazing chance to win return tickets to New York and Thailand in partnership with Virgin Atlantic and Etihad Airways. Each student was also awarded a promo code via email for playing.
Simple yet effective. The campaign was a huge success, students loved the brand and interaction, smashing both objectives set at the beginning of 2016. StudentUniverse are now exploring opportunities for 2017 in partnership with BAM with some very exciting things on the horizon!